Refer to the exhibit. Which two port types are shown in the graphic? (Choose two.)
Which two general precautions should be taken before replacing any non-hot-swappable laptop component? (Choose two.)
- Disconnect the power cord.
- Remove any batteries.
What is a benefit of using the USB or FireWire ports to connect peripherals to laptop?
Where can a user change the idle time after which a laptop will switch to standby mode?
- Left-click Start > Control Panel > Power Options, then click the Power Schemes tab.
A technician is having trouble with laptops that keep overheating. What preventive maintenance procedure can be performed on the laptops to reduce this problem?
- Clean the air vents.
ABC Inc. decided to integrate redundancy by connecting multiple hard disks to duplicate the information they store. Which type of adapter will need to be installed on the servers to accomplish the desired redundancy?
- RAID adapter.
A technician has installed a new sound card in a PC but it is not operating correctly. Where should the technician look to investigate driver problems?
- Device Manager.
A technician needs to configure the hard drive on a computer so that there appears to be one drive for the operating system and four drives for data from different applications. How can the hard drive be configured to provide this perception?
- Create one primary partition and an extended partition with four logical drives within it.
When installing the Windows XP operating system, a technician is given a choice of file systems to use. If security is a requirement, which file system should be chosen?
A company uses a single computer to receive and test all Windows updates. When the most recent update was installed, several programs failed. What is the first course of action that a technician should attempt to remove the update?
- Run a System Restore from the last restore point.
A customer is upset and wants to speak to a specific technician to resolve a problem immediately. The requested technician is away from the office for the next hour. What is the best way to handle this call?
- Make an offer to help the customer immediately, and advise the customer that otherwise the requested technician will call the customer back within two hours.
Which three benefits are gained by networking computers? (Choose three.)
- fewer peripherals needed.
- lower cost licensing.
- increased communication capabilities.
Which protocol adds security to remote connections?
ABC Company wants to configure laptops to automatically power components off to improve battery life. Which power management control can be used to accomplish this?
A user has been writing data to a USB flash memory drive. What should the user do before removing the device?
- Click on the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the system tray then on the device.
What do the terms refresh rate, interlace, and aspect ratio explain?
- image properties of a monitor.
What is the purpose of wearing an antistatic wrist strap?
- to equalize the electrical charge between the user and the equipment.
Which Registry file contains information about all software that is installed on a Windows XP computer?
A call center technician is on a call with a customer when a colleague indicates that there is something to discuss. What should the technician do?
- Signal to the colleague to wait.
A technician is designing a hardware preventive maintenance plan for a company. Which strategy should be included in the plan?
- Omit performing maintenance operations on components until the equipment malfunction.
A user is experiencing slow print rates when printing files that contain large complex graphics. What could be done to improve performance?
- Add memory to the printer.
A tire store needs to print customer invoices using carbon copy paper so that both the store and the customer have a copy. What is the best printer solution?
- impact printer.
Which two technologies enable printers to be accessed by multiple network users? (Choose two.)
A user has a motherboard with a ZIF socket. Which type of processor connector can the user add to this motherboard?
A computer user buys a low priced replacement monitor but finds that there is a lot of flicker. The flicker makes the monitor unusable. Which characteristic of a monitor needs to be considered to ensure flicker-free viewing?
- refresh rate.
A technician is troubleshooting a user complaint that a printer is not printing a report. Which step is one of the first that the technician should take?
- Ensure that there is paper in the paper tray.
A technician notices that a data floppy disk is in the floppy disk drive of a computer when it is powered on. Which error message could this potentially cause?
- invalid system disk.
A technician is asked to wire a network that supports CSMA/CD. Which architecture and physical topology should the technician use for supporting this access control method?
- Ethernet and Star.
A network technician receives an error that there is insufficient physical disk space on an external drive to hold a file from a Windows XP computer. What is a possible cause for the problem?
- The external drive is formatted with a FAT 32 file system and the file is too large for that file system.
All default Windows XP tools and utilities are installed on a computer. The technician discovered that a few other Windows components are still needed. Which procedure can accomplish this task?
- Right click on the Desk Top. Choose Properties > Settings > Add/Remove Windows Components.
A small business has used a high quality configurable flatbed scanner to scan a number of photographs to print as large posters. However, the quality of the images printed as posters is poor. What should the user do?
- Increase the resolution of the scanner.
A technician installed a network adapter in a computer and wants to test network connectivity. The ping command can only receive a response from local workstations. What could be causing the problem?
- The default gateway is not set.
Refer to the exhibit. A Cisco Networking Academy instructor is trying to print a flash graphic from the curriculum. The print job has gone into the print queue as shown. Based on the output, what should be the next step in solving this problem?
- Reinstall the printer driver.
A directly-attached printer has always failed to work. Print jobs and the printer test page fail to print, but the printer self-test page prints OK. If the cabling is installed correctly, what is most likely the problem?
- an incorrect printer driver.
Which three attributes of NTFS make it a better file system than FAT32? (Choose three.)
- file and folder permission options.
- encryption at the file and folder level.
How does MAC address filtering enable wireless network security at the device level?
- The unique MAC address of each wireless device is filtered and only those addresses entered are allowed network access.
While troubleshooting a computer on which the operating system fails to boot, a technician has checked that there are no non-bootable media in the disk drives, tried using the Last Known Good Configuration option, and attempted to boot the computer in Safe Mode, all without success. Which further possible solution could be tried?
- Perform a Repair Installation of the operating system.
What determines to which device the computer searches first to locate boot files?
- BIOS boot sequence option.
A newly hired technician is attaching a computer to the network. Upon examining the network configuration, the technician recognizes that the computer is configured with a protocol stack that is used for Internet communication. What protocol stack is installed on the computer?
Which type of memory is used for cache memory?
A company computer use policy recommends that hard drive defragmentation be performed every six months. What is the purpose of this preventive maintenance routine?
- increasing computer performance.
Which two password control policies should an organization implement to ensure strong passwords? (Choose two.)
- Passwords should be set to expire every 60 days.
- Passwords should contain letters and numbers.
What are two recommended procedures for dealing safely with an office fire? (Choose two.)
- Use some form of a Class C fire extinguisher to fight an electrical fire.
- Do not fight a fire that is out of control.
What two actions are appropriate for a help desk technician to take when assisting customers? (Choose two.)
- Let a customer finish talking before asking additional questions.
- If you have to put the customer on hold, ask the customer for permission.
A company is expanding its business to other countries. All branch offices must remain connected to corporate headquarters at all times. Which network technology is required to support this requirement?
When starting a computer, a customer can no longer select two of the operating systems that are installed. Which file may be corrupted and causing this error?
Which two items are required to configure a laptop for 100 Mb/s full-duplex Ethernet communications? (Choose two.)
- twisted-pair cable.
- IP address and subnet mask.
Which port is used only for input?
A technician is troubleshooting a problem where the user claims that access to the Internet is not working, but that there was access to the Internet the day before. Upon investigation, the technician determines that the user cannot access the network printer in the office either. The network printer is on the same network as the computer. The computer has 169.254.100.88 assigned as an IP address. What is the most likely problem?
- The IP address needs to be renewed.